Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

You say tomato...

And I say delicious.
The subject is now tomatoes.
Tomorrow morning I will be working on a food story about tomatoes. Some of you were in my poll a couple of years ago about how to make a tomato sandwich.
All tomato comments are invited.
Does vine-ripened really make a difference? Do you peel your tomatoes?
What's the best way to eat a tomato. Do you like the fried green ones?
What foods do summer tomatoes enhance?
Have you ever had one for breakfast with eggs and bacon?
Do you make your own salsa? Pico de gallo?
All comments welcome. Help me get creative here.
p.s. My blitz of showing off my new camera has now come to an end with the photos below, and the blog is back to blogging. This is not to say that there won't be occasional photos, but just that enough is maybe enough.

Comments:
I like fresh sliced tomatoes dipped in ranch dressing.
A good sandwich has tomato, mayo or ranch dressing, salt and cheese between two slices of white bread.
 
Fresh plum tomatoes with a bit of salt. Bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet.
 
i'm not supposed to do tomatoes since i have arthritis, but vine ripened does make a difference. i like the kind that are solid with few seeds. i make very good fried green tomatoes for my family, but i don't really like them very much. give me fried okra or fried squash instead. a tomato sandwich should let the tomato be a tomato so just mayo and salt. my husband does make fesh salsa and gazpacho, but i tend to stick with less labor intensive things.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?