Saturday, March 11, 2006

 

Doing good stuff

For the third year, I've used the AARP free income tax service. A nice retired businessman figured out this morning that the IRS owes me $1130 and Georgia owes me $542.
He told me he had been volunteering with the AARP for several years in Florida (he and his wife are building here because even though their house didn't get damaged in the last hurricane season, it cost them $10,000 to get the trees cleared off their property, and they're tired of evacuating)
He said his favorite thing was helping young couples with children and making sure they got as much as possible back -- that he had amended returns for up to three or four past years for some, and got one couple almost $10,000.
Incidentally, this is a completely free service for anybody who needs the help, and I recommend it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?